Friday, February 5, 2010

French Cooking!

So I just finished watching Julie & Julia again, and every time I watch it I leave feeling inspired and hungry! The first time I watched the movie, the first thing I did when I got home was order Julia Child's cookbook. When I received it in the mail I was so excited to try my first recipe, but as I looked through the book I realized that her recipes were not anything that I was used too, and not my style of cooking. I closed the book, very disappointed, and have never opened it since.

This is were Ina Garten comes into play. Several years ago I bought her book, Barefoot in Paris, and had tried many of the recipes which all turned out awesome. I never realized how similar her recipes were to the Julia's until I saw the movie. Ina, being a huge Julia Child fan, seemed to have redone most of Julia's recipes and made them understandable and doable, which are two very important factors in trying new recipes. So having said all that, I am going to dedicate this upcoming week to French cooking. Starting Monday, February 8th, 2010, I will be cooking French food, and maybe gaining a few pounds as the week goes by, but who cares! Here is the menu for the week!

  • Croque Monsieur
  • Beef Bourguignon
  • Eggplant Gratin
  • Vegetable Tian
  • Mustard Roasted Fish
  • Croissant Bread Pudding
  • Creme Brulee
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment